‘You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hidden.’ Matthew 5:14
We strive to be “A joyful, daring, diverse and generous Christian community, setting the world alight with the love of God!”
St Andrew’s Church is OPEN EVERY SUNDAY at 9.45 am, for a Said Service of Holy Communion.
Restrictions will be in place to ensure we can worship safely together, including a one way system, hand sanitising stations and clearly marked seats to maintain social distancing.
Toilet facilities are available.
We understand that not everyone will be able to attend, so do listen to the latest video thought
Morning Prayer is back at 10.00 am every Wednesday – a Book of Common Prayer Said Service in the Lady Chapel
Rev. Esther continues to pray daily for the parish. If you would like to submit a prayer request, please send an email to St. Andrew’s Vicar or call 0203 6201885.
A prayer for you, written by the Dean of Southwark –
Loving God, source of healing and comfort, fill us with your grace, that the sick may be made whole,
that those who care for us may be strengthened, that the anxious may be calmed, and those most vulnerable be protected in the power of Spirit in the faith of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Church Hall is now open for bookings. Covid19 safety measures are in place.
Contact our Hall administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEEP UP TO DATE with our weekly newsletter and video thoughts from Rev. Esther.
A warm welcome awaits you at St Andrew’s Church Coulsdon – your Anglican (Church of England) parish church in the Diocese of Southwark. The illuminated cross on our tower is a famous landmark and a constant beacon, reminding us that God is every present here is Coulsdon, and in our lives.
St Andrew’s is a place of welcome for those celebrating happy events like weddings and baptisms, and a place of respite and support for those looking for hope and practical assistance during the difficult seasons of life. Remembering that “nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:38-39) is often easier done together, as part of a family – the church family – to which we all belong.
There is plenty going on at St Andrew’s throughout the week, but Worship on Sundays is special; a time for us to reflect, re-connect and recharge so we can go out and share God’s love. This is what usually happens on Sundays, so please feel welcome to join us.
- Our Sunday service starts at 9.45am and lasts for around 60 minutes.
- Worship on Sunday includes Bible readings, hymns, a short sermon, prayers and the sharing of blessed bread and wine (Holy Communion).
- We are lucky to have an excellent choir and Director of Music who lead us in a wide range of music.
- Junior Church is offered during term time, with a fun programme of Bible related craft activities for our younger members. There is the opportunity for ‘show and tell’ after communion.
- The 3rd Sunday of the month is usually a ‘Renew’ – All Age Eucharist which is partly led by our young people and includes dramatised readings and lively music.
- We have an area at the back of church with toys and even a mini circus tent for our little ones and their carers to enjoy.
After the service we share fellowship and refreshments in the hall. Everyone is welcome to join us.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Rev Esther Foss via email at St. Andrew’s Vicar