‘Oh, come let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker.’ Psalm 95:6
St Andrew’s Church is OPEN FOR SUNDAY WORSHIP at 9.45 am for a Said Service of Holy Communion.
- Restrictions will be in place to ensure we can worship safely together, including a one way system, hand sanitising stations and clearly marked seats to maintain social distancing.
- Toilet facilities are available.
Morning Prayer is back at 10.00 am every Wednesday – a Book of Common Prayer Said Service in the Lady Chapel
If you have a prayer request or would like more information, please do get in touch with Esther at St Andrew’s Vicar or call 0203 620 1885.
You don’t have to know any special prayers if you want to pray –
Not all prayers are answered in the way we might expect or desire, and we don’t always pray for God’s will to be done! Nevertheless, God hears every prayer.
- A Book of Common Prayer Said Holy Communion, takes place on Wednesdays at 10 am.
- A Home Prayer Group meets every month for informal study of bible passages and to pray together for the world and for the local community of Coulsdon – via Zoom for the time being.
- A Wholeness and Healing service is held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10.00am – suspended for the time being
Prayers this Week
O God, our refuge and strength, our help in times of trouble. Have mercy on the lands where the earth has given way. Have mercy on the lands where the weather has destroyed livelihoods. Prosper those who rebuild houses, and strengthen those who rebuild hope so that
entire communities may face the future without fear. Amen. (Christian Aid)
Father, we remember before you the needs of others: those who feel rejected and unloved and unwanted, those who are ill and in pain
those who are angry at the way they have been let down those who feel life is passing them by, those who have been made redundant,
those who are heartbroken because of the death of a dear loved one. Comfort them in their grief, O Lord, and remind them of your presence and your eternal promises – and help us to do what we can to help. Amen.
Heavenly Father – you have created us to love you. Lord Jesus Christ – you came to show us that love. Holy Spirit – fill each of us with the peace and joy that comes from knowing that love and give us the courage and the will to share it with others. Amen.
O Lord, I don’t want to be a spectator, A tour passenger looking out upon the real world, An audience to poverty and want and homelessness. Lord, involve me – call me, and Lord – help me to step off the bus. Amen (Freda Rajotte)